Static Shock is an American animated television series based on the Milestone Media/DC Comics superhero Static. It premiered on September 23, 2000, on The WB Television Network's Kids' WB programming block. Static Shock ran for four seasons, with 52 half-hour episodes in total. The show revolves around Virgil Hawkins, an African-American boy, who uses the secret identity of 'Static' after exposure to a mutagen gas during a gang fight which gave him electromagnetic powers. Part of the DC animated universe, the series was produced by Warner Bros. Animation from a crew composed mostly of people from the company's past shows, but also with the involvement of two of the comic's creators, Dwayne McDuffie and Denys Cowan.
- Phil LaMarr as Virgil Ovid Hawkins/Static
- Jason Marsden as Richard "Richie" Osgood Foley/Gear
- Kevin Michael Richardson as Robert Hawkins
- Michele Morgan as Sharon Hawkins
- Kadeem Hardison as Adam Evans/Rubber-Band Man
- Gary Anthony Sturgis as Ivan Evans/Ebon
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.