Rick and Morty is an American adult animated science-fiction sitcom created by Justin Roiland and Dan Harmon for Cartoon Network's late-night programming block Adult Swim. The series follows the misadventures of cynical mad scientist Rick Sanchez and his fretful, easily influenced grandson Morty Smith, who split their time between domestic life and interdimensional adventures. The series premiered on December 2, 2013, and the third season concluded on October 1, 2017. A fourth season has been mentioned, first by Harmon in a September 2017 interview, and later in the post-credits scene of the third season's finale.
After going missing for nearly 20 years, Rick Sanchez suddenly arrives at his daughter Beth’s doorstep looking to move in with her and her family. Beth welcomes him with open arms, but her unremarkable husband Jerry isn’t too thrilled about the tearful reunion as Rick’s arrival serves to shake things up quite a bit around the household. Rick converts the garage into his personal laboratory and gets to work on all sorts of dangerous sci-fi gadgets and contraptions. That wouldn’t be so bad if not for the fact that Rick continues to involve his grandchildren Morty and Summer in his insane adventures.
- Justin Roiland
- Chris Parnell
- Spencer Grammer
- Sarah Chalke
- IGN Awards for Best TV Animated Series
- Annie Awards for Best General Audience Animated TV/Broadcast Production
- IGN People's Choice Award for Best Animated Series
- Gold Derby Awards for Best Animated Series
- Teen Choice Awards for Choice Animated TV Show
- Critics' Choice Television Awards for Best Animated Series
- Golden Reel Awards for Outstanding Achievement in Sound Editing — Animation Short Form