Martha Speaks is an American-Canadian children's educational animated television series based on the 1992 children's book of the same name by Susan Meddaugh, about a talking dog named Martha (voiced by Tabitha St. Germain), who is owned by ten-year-old Helen Lorraine (known in the books as Helen Finney). When Helen feeds Martha some alphabet soup, the soup travels to her brain instead of her stomach, resulting in her ability to speak. The show focuses on synonyms and vocabulary, with each episode featuring an underlying theme illustrated with keywords. The show takes place in the fictional town of Wagstaff City, a parody of Flagstaff, Arizona. The series was produced by WGBH in Boston.
- Tabitha S. Germain as Martha Lorraine / Mariela Lorraine
- Brian Drummond as Skits Lorraine / Daniel "Danny" Lorraine
- Madeleine Peters as Helen Lorraine
- Valin Shinyei as Tyrone Daniel "T.D." Kennelly
- Ashlyn Drummond as Alice Boxwood
- Vanesa Tomasino as Carolina
- Cedric Payne as Truman Oatley
- Trevor Lim as Milo Lee
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.