Last Man Standing is an American television sitcom created by Jack Burditt starring Tim Allen as a senior employee of a sporting goods store in Denver, Colorado, who is a married father of three daughters and a grandfather to his oldest daughter's son, Boyd.
Distributed by 20th Century Fox Television, the series originally ran on ABC from 2011 to 2017 for six seasons, and entered syndication in 2015. Despite being ABC's second-highest rated sitcom for the 2016–17 season, it was revealed in May 2017 that the network had declined to renew Last Man Standing for a seventh season. Media publications reported that ABC was unwilling to the production costs for a seventh season on behalf of 20th Century Fox Television. One year later, the studio's sibling network Fox announced it had picked up the show for a seventh season, which premiered on September 28, 2018.
Season 8 will premiere January 2020 on FOX.
The series follows Mike Baxter, a senior executive and director of for an outdoor sporting goods store chain based in Denver, Colorado. His home life is initially filled with his wife, three daughters, and a grandson, but later extends to the young men who are married to or dating his daughters.
- Tim Allen as Mike Baxter
- Nancy Travis as Vanessa Baxter
- Alexandra Krosney and Amanda Fuller as Kristin Baxter
- Molly Ephraim (S1-6) and Molly McCook (S7-) as Amanda Elaine "Mandy" Baxter-Anderson
- Kaitlyn Dever as Eve Baxter
- Christoph Sanders as Kyle Anderson
- Héctor Elizondo as Edward "Ed" Alzante
- Flynn Morrison (S2-6) and Jet Jurgensmeyer (S7-) as Boyd Baxter
- Jordan Masterson as Ryan Vogelson
- Jonathan Adams as Chuck Larabee