Better Call Saul is a television series spin-off from Breaking Bad. The first season of Better Call Saul premiered on February 8, 2015.
The series follows Jimmy McGill (Bob Odenkirk), who would eventually become Saul Goodman. It is set in 2002, six years before he became Walter White's lawyer in Breaking Bad. The series has run for a total of three seasons, with a fourth in production and scheduled for broadcast in 2018. The tone of the series is less dark than Breaking Bad and more comedic, although Vince Gilligan ensures that it will still contain drama.
Introducing Jimmy McGill (Bob Odenkirk). You may know him better as Saul Goodman, Walter White's slippery, resourceful lawyer in Breaking Bad. We meet him six years before he meets Walter White, when he was a struggling lawyer in Albuquerque, New Mexico. He mostly defends small-time crooks and represents people in civil liability claims. His brother, Charles "Chuck" McGill (Michael McKean), is a senior partner at a prestigious Albuquerque law firm but hasn't left his house for several months due to a strange affliction. Jimmy is supporting him through bringing him groceries and the like. Jimmy has a dark, pre-lawyer past, being a small-time fraudster in Chicago before moving to Albuquerque to start over and work with at his brother's firm. We also meet Mike Ehrmantraut (Jonathan Banks), ex-cop now working as a toll booth attendant at the courthouse parking lot. We see how Jimmy and Mike's stories converge and how Jimmy slowly becomes the Saul Goodman we know from Breaking Bad.
- Bob Odenkirk as James McGill / Saul Goodman
- Before his transformation into Saul Goodman, Jimmy McGill struggled as a small-time Albuquerque lawyer trying his best to improve his career and become successful like his older brother, Chuck. Jimmy has a dark past he's been trying to leave behind, and despite his attempts to become a better person, he is still haunted by whom he used to be.
- Jonathan Banks as Mike Ehrmantraut
- A former Philadelphia police officer, Mike works as a parking lot attendant at Albuquerque's courthouse. Trying to keep a low profile after a dramatic event prior to the start of the series, things start catching up to Mike and he needs to start taking action.
- Rhea Seehorn as Kim Wexler
- Kim Wexler is one of the key litigators at Hamlin, Hamlin & McGill. However, Kim’s personal history with Jimmy complicated their working relationship, often putting her at odds with Howard Hamlin and Chuck, threatening her promising career and eventually putting her in Hamlin's doghouse.
- Michael McKean as Charles McGill
- Commonly referred to as Chuck McGill, he is Jimmy's older brother, a successful lawyer and co-founder of Hamlin, Hamlin & McGill, one of the biggest and most successful law firms in New Mexico. Chuck believes he suffers from electromagnetic hypersensitivity, an unusual affliction garnered under mysterious circumstances, which makes it challenging for him to lead a normal life. Jimmy often helps Chuck by bringing him groceries and newspaper, as well as checking on him almost every day.
- Patrick Fabian as Howard Hamlin
- Hamlin is the name partner and general go-to guy toeing the company line for hugely successful Albuquerque law firm Hamlin, Hamlin & McGill. Hamlin is one of life’s winners. His good fortune, sun-kissed looks, and more than ample charm prove to be a constant source of frustration for Jimmy as is his relationship with Chuck McGill.
- Michael Mando as Nacho Varga
- Ignacio, better known as Nacho, is a calculating, intelligent career criminal. He is one of the main henchmen working for the Salamancas, a powerful family that has strong connections to the Mexican cartel.
- Giancarlo Esposito as Gustavo Fring
- Gus Fring is the owner of Los Pollos Hermanos, a highly successful fried chicken restaurant chain. In reality, the fast food serves as a front to illegal activities performed by the Mexican drug cartel. Gus has a very stained and problematic business relationship with his cartel supervisor, Don Hector Salamanca, but they are forced to work together nonetheless.
- Tony Dalton as Eduardo "Lalo" Salamanca
- Better Call Saul Fandom Wikia
- Better Call Saul Wikipedia
- Better Call Saul IMDB
- Better Call Saul Facebook Page
- Better Call Saul Twitter